Time left to improve your health this year

Saturday 30 December 2006

Why did I start this blog


A day or so back, I overheard a couple discussing how they had overdone it again during the Christmas holiday. The conversation had preambled along until it became apparent that both dreaded trying to shed the pounds after the festive binging.

In my earlier post I mentioned that I had lost quite a lot of weight some years back and since then I have never really had any trouble keeping my own weight down.

Now earlier in the day, a while before I heard this couple discussing the perils of dieting and their struggle with weight loss, I had been reflecting on the events of the previous three months. Those three months had been quite a tough time for me as far as business is concerned (I am a photographer), and I had spent some long hours trying to meet deadlines. During this time I suppose my guard was down and I hadn’t really made too many good choices about diet and nutrition.

A quick check with the scales indicated that I need to shed around eight or nine pounds to get back where I feel most comfortable.

This isn’t a problem for me, I know what to eat and how to exercise to reach that goal, and I have decided to get there during January. So I came up with the idea of this blog, to both ground my thoughts and as a model for others to see how I am doing.

So from January first I will post a daily diary of my thoughts, moods, the foods I am eating, my recipes for my meals and also the type and extent of the exercise I will be involved in. I know that the blog is new and the readership almost zero, but the thirty one days from January first should provide some interesting reading and may serve as the basis for a future publication if I feel its right.

No comments: